Quite often people choose a warm, sunny, beach destination for their vacation getaway. Instead, consider an alternative and set your sites on a winter wonderland vacation destination for your next travel adventure. I know the sounds of the ocean and warm beach are appealing to many individuals, but you owe it to yourself to experience a winter destination at least once. Think about it, skiing, snowboarding and ice skating and sipping a glass of wine (or your favorite beverage) around a roaring fire at the best ski resort in the United States, Taos Ski Valley located in the fantastic state of New Mexico.
Many individuals overlook the beauty of a winter vacation. For many, a winter destination paints the picture of gloomy skies, cold, snow and desolation. However, one visit to a Taos Ski Valley ski resort and I guarantee you’ll make this a vacation spot that you’ll return to time and time again. In addition to the 300 plus days of sun New Mexico receives each year, you’ll find breath taking views, friendly locals and many activities beyond skiing, snowboarding and ice skating. If you’re looking for a vacation that’s filled with excitement, great food and drink and plenty to keep you busy, you’ll find it in New Mexico.
Some of the resorts in this winter paradise offer full blown health and fitness centers. I’m not talking about some small room stuck in an out of the way spot in a building with a treadmill, stair climber and a few weights; I’m talking about a complete fitness center. If you need some down time to recharge your batteries, the centers in these resorts can provide what you need. Visit the spa for a much needed massage or relax with a yoga class or receive a long awaited beauty treatment in the salon. Often times these resorts will provide complimentary fitness training and nutrition classes with individually tailored one-on-one services. Here is a brief look at what you may find:
- Therapeutic baths – Image soaking in a relaxing salt water bath while the powerful jets of the spa massage you while you sit back and enjoy the view of a snow capped mountain.
- Facial services – Both men and women can benefit from restorative facials and skin care that is state of the art.
- Massage therapy – Enjoy an exotic massage, a hot stone therapy or possibly a Swedish massage.
- Body sculpting – revitalize your body some cellulite reducing body sculpting or a seaweed wrap.
- Beauty Treatments – Treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure and a new hair style in the salon.
- Benefit from customized personal training – Often provided are certified personal trainers that can help you to develop your custom workout routine through individualized instruction.
- Take part in a nutritional consultation – Attend a nutritional consultation seminar and workshop. Delve into your diet and lifestyle and discover what you can do to get on the road to better health. Normally these seminars cover far more than basic diet and exercise suggestions; learn about the vitamins or workout supplements you can take to receive more benefit from your workout routines.
If you don’t feel like pampering yourself at a health and fitness center and skiing or snowboarding doesn’t interest you, there are still plenty of things you can do in Taos. There are plenty of unique and interesting shops to visit or many wonderful restaurants to enjoy. Also many people enjoy a scenic walk, horseback riding, fishing, wildlife watching, and mountain biking or just sitting around a fire, relaxing and catching up on their reading. Yes, one visit to the winter wonderland of Taos Ski Valley and you’ll wonder why you didn’t make the trip years before.